Live coverage concludespublished at 16:41 GMT 25 November
This brings our live coverage of today's events to a close. Thanks for joining us.Click here for full round-up of the latest from the investigation.
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested over the shooting of another teenager in Sheffield
Emergency services were called to London Road at about 17:15 GMT on Monday
The 16-year-old victim remains in hospital in a critical condition, South Yorkshire Police say
The arrested boy was held on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder and remains in custody
By Emily Johnson. Edited by Chris Attridge.
This brings our live coverage of today's events to a close. Thanks for joining us.Click here for full round-up of the latest from the investigation.
Victoria Scheer
Reporter at BBC Yorkshire
Moving from the traffic and noise of London Road into a subdued, cordoned-off section at the junction with Sitwell Place feels strikingly abrupt.
Shops and eateries are closed. Highfield Library is not welcoming any readers today. Instead, forensic officers have been trawling the scene for evidence.
Residents are still trying to process what has unfolded on their doorstep, with some expressing confusion about why local facilities are shut. Others are simply in shock.
One mother, who approached members of the media gathered for today’s press conference, said she could not believe that a boy had been shot just after five o’clock on a Monday.

London Road remains closed from the junction at Sitwell Place to the turn-off for Crowther Place, with police officers at the scene.
A police spokesperson says: "We expect disruption to the road network throughout tomorrow morning whilst forensic inquiries continue."
Officers will remain in the area overnight with increased patrols taking place in the coming days to provide reassurance for residents.
Supt Simcock is asked whether the attack was targeted or related to gang violence.
"As you can appreciate we're really early in the investigation, we've got detectives working on this," he says.
"As developments occur we'll release further information but it's too early to obviously make speculation or draw any conclusions at the moment."

Supt Martin Simcock says detectives have been working "around the clock" to identify the suspects, supported by forensics and CCTV coordinators.
"Gun crime is not tolerated in South Yorkshire and we are doing everything we can to stop it," he says.
"We will hunt down those involved, but we need your help to do this.
"People in the community will have information about this horrendous attack.
"We can't do this alone, and this teenage boy and his family deserve answers."



A South Yorkshire Police spokesperson says: "We are committed to securing justice for the victim and ensuring dangerous offenders are off our streets, but while we can be anywhere, we can’t be everywhere, and we know answers lie within our communities.
"London Road was busy at the time of yesterday’s incident, with rush-hour traffic and people returning home or visiting local businesses."

Police officers examine the scene on London Road in Sheffield
Teenager has been detained on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder and remains in custody. The victim remains in hospital in a critical condition, police say.
In a statement released just before the press conference, South Yorkshire Police confirmed a 15-year-old boy has been arrested.
Reacting to the shooting, Abtisam Mohamed, Labour MP for Sheffield Central, says: "I am deeply shocked and saddened to learn of a 16-year-old boy being shot on London Road in our city.
"My thoughts are with him, his family and all those affected as they face what must be an unimaginably difficult time.
"I urge anyone with information to contact South Yorkshire Police and help bring clarity to this incident."
The MP says violence on the streets will not be accepted and adds: "Every young person in Sheffield should be safe and confident in their community."

A number of premises on London Road have been forced to close while forensic investigations continue.
Dari Saleh, who owns Marmaris Turkish restaurant, says: "We work here all day and evening and then something like this, we're scared, our customers, our business, you don't feel safe."
Abdurrhman Gurner, owner of Bodrum Barber on London Road, said: "It feels a bit scary thinking every day that the city is getting worse.
"As a business owner we think is business going to go down, are people worried about coming down here?"
Speaking earlier, Det Ch Insp Emma Knight, the senior investigating officer for this case, said: "This a is terrible incident that has left a boy fighting for his life and I know those in our community will be deeply concerned.
"I want to assure residents that a dedicated team of officers and staff are working tirelessly to understand the circumstances that led to this attack and to trace those responsible.
"We need you to work with us and provide any information you have.
"This is not acceptable on our streets, so we must work together to stop it.
"If you see officers in the area and have information or concerns, please do speak to them.”



A 16-year-old boy is in a life-threatening condition after he was shot on a street in Sheffield.
Police were called to London Road at 17:17 GMT on Monday and the boy was taken to hospital.
The force has remained in the area overnight and an investigation is under way to identify those responsible for the shooting.
London Road is closed from the junction at Sitwell Place to the turn-off for Crowther Place, with crime scene investigators at the scene.
South Yorkshire Police are due to hold a press conference on London Road in Sheffield shortly to give an update on the shooting of a 16-year-old boy yesterday evening.
Supt Martin Simcock will deliver a statement and answer questions from the media.