Hull FC sign Knight and Watts until end of season

Liam Knight made 66 NRL appearances in five years with South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Published
Hull FC have signed former South Sydney Rabbitohs forward Liam Knight and re-signed ex-Castleford prop Liam Watts for the remainder of the 2025 Super League season.
Knight, 30, worked with the Black and Whites' head coach John Cartwright at Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in 2016.
Watts, 34, spent six years at the MKM Stadium between 2012 and 2018, making 152 appearances, and was part of the side that won back-to-back Challenge Cups in 2016 and 2017.
"I had a good chat with John and it [returning] appealed to me," Watts told BBC Radio Humberside., external
"I've got some tough training sessions to get in and prove to the guys that I'm up to the level and ready to crack on.
"I want to try to help the team get as many wins as possible. I never thought I'd be putting a black and white shirt on again so that excites me."
Knight, meanwhile, has operated primarily as a prop throughout his career but can provide cover at loose forward.
The Australian will not be available for Hull's Super League date with Leigh Leopards on Thursday.
Knight made his debut for the Sea Eagles in 2016 and went on to have spells at Canberra Raiders, where he played alongside Jordan Rapana and Aidan Sezer, five years with the Rabbitohs, and at Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
"I'm really excited for the opportunity to come and represent such a great club like Hull FC," Knight told the club website., external
"Having previously worked with John Cartwright at another club, I have a great deal of respect for him and I am looking forward to playing under him."
Liam Watts: “I never thought that I’d be pulling on a black and white shirt again”