Protest against dredging waste being dumped off Teignmouthpublished at 08:24 Greenwich Mean Time 26 February 2019
John Ayres
BBC Spotlight

More than 100 protesters gathered in Teignmouth on Monday night, angry at proposals to dump silt dredged from Exmouth Marina just off Teignmouth's tourist beaches.
Last year, a licence to dump the spoil off Sprey Point was suspended after black silt appeared on Teignmouth's shore, causing uproar in the town.
The protest, outside the Carlton Theatre, was ahead of a presentation by the Teign Estuary and Coastal Partnership, which was updating residents on plans for the area. Protesters said they wanted the spoil dumped much further away.

The Marine Management Organisation (MMO) is consulting on a revised application for a new licence which would involve 65% less spoil being dumped, and it only happening in the winter months.
However, locals have said they were still opposing the plans.
Last week, Teignmouth Town Council also unanimously said it opposed dumping of dredged spoil off its shore.
The MMO said it was working with Exmouth Marina, which needed to dredge because it needed to maintain access to boats. It added that its current public consultation would run until 4 March.