Disabled man in wheelchair left unconscious in attack
- Published

Karl Dean was pulled out of his wheelchair from behind as he was making his way home from the pub
A disabled man was knocked out of his wheelchair and left unconscious in a "scary" attack during a night out.
Karl Dean, who has cerebral palsy, was on his way home from The Bank pub when he was assaulted on Holderness Road in Hull, at about 23:30 on Sunday.
His sister Karen Carroll said he was left concussed with a "nasty gash on his head" after he was "pulled out of the wheelchair from behind".
A 20-year-old man from Hull was arrested on Wednesday evening.
Mr Dean said the attack "won't stop me from going out".

Karl Dean suffered serious injuries in the attack, police said
Ms Carroll said her brother had seen the perpetrator run off before two friends helped him back in his wheelchair and took him home.
"I was just shocked," she said. "He can't defend himself, why would you pick on him? He was really shook up, he's scared."
She said the attack had also left her brother without a voice as the talking device installed on his wheelchair had been damaged, leaving him unable to communicate.
"He's got to get someone to speak for him because he's kind of lost his voice."
She said the head injury also prevented him from using a "head-pointer", which allows him to use the computer.

Karen Carroll says her brother enjoys meeting up with his friends at the pub on Sunday nights
Mr Dean said the attack will not prevent him going out to see his friends at the pub on Sunday evenings.
He appealed to the man who carried out the attack to hand himself in.
"Why did he do it to me? It could be worse next time."
Humberside Police said a man had been arrested in connection with the assault of a vulnerable disabled man.
Supt Matthew Peach said: "The man will be questioned in relation to the incident where the victim was pushed out of his wheelchair causing not only facial injuries but severe distress to him.
"Officers continue to support the victim who is being very supportive of our investigation and we also want to thank the public for their messages of support and well wishes for the victim."

Follow BBC East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire on Facebook, external, Twitter, external, and Instagram, external. Send your story ideas to yorkslincs.news@bbc.co.uk, external.