'Key' footage sought by missing mum policepublished at 09:34 Greenwich Mean Time 13 November 2018
Mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen was last seen at her New Ash Green home in Kent on 9 October.
Read MoreOur live coverage has ended for the week
News, sport, weather and travel updates from the South East of England
Mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen was last seen at her New Ash Green home in Kent on 9 October.
Read MoreHuw Oxburgh
Local Democracy Reporter
The developer behind controversial plans to extend an amusement park on Hastings seafront has lodged an appeal with the planning inspectorate.
Last month proposals for a range of works at the Stade Family Amusement Park - including extending the park's boundaries by reducing the width of a footpath - were deferred for a second time.
While the basis of the application had been recommended for approval by council officers, the developer's application form had been filled out incorrectly.
At a meeting of Hastings Borough Council's planning committee on 7 November, planning service manager Eleanor Evans told members that the developer had moved the application to appeal on grounds of non-determination.
Councillor Matthew Beaver (Con) said: "Just to clarify. They are appealing against the fact that it wasn't determined in time, despite the fact that officers are recommending approval - which they want - and the fact that it was their error that caused us to delay it a second time?"
Ms Evans said it's "going to be a really interesting one".
According to an officers' report, planners received more than 26 objections to the application, before it was moved to appeal.
Danny Pike
Presenter, BBC Sussex and Surrey
Allow X content?
This article contains content provided by X. We ask for your permission before anything is loaded, as they may be using cookies and other technologies. You may want to read X’s cookie policy, external and privacy policy, external before accepting. To view this content choose ‘accept and continue’.
Kate Kinsella
BBC Weather
Allow X content?
This article contains content provided by X. We ask for your permission before anything is loaded, as they may be using cookies and other technologies. You may want to read X’s cookie policy, external and privacy policy, external before accepting. To view this content choose ‘accept and continue’.
Town manager Claire Lacey has claimed three Peacehaven councillors undermined her position at work.
Read MoreSpace 2 B Me in Maidstone runs a youth club for children with additional needs.
Read MoreThe man had a row with a friend outside the Brass Monkey, police said
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was stabbed in East Sussex.
The 33-year-old victim was attacked in Trinity Street, Hastings at about 01:00 GMT on Sunday.
He had been socialising in the town and is known to have had a row with a friend outside the Brass Monkey before both went to the Safe Space shelter at a nearby church, Sussex Police said.
After he left the shelter on his own he was attacked by three men outside a health food shop in Trinity Street, the force added.
Medical volunteers from Safe Space, alerted by pub watch radio, rushed to the scene and transferred him by stretcher to the shelter where he was treated by paramedics.
He remains in hospital and his condition has been described as stable.
The men, aged 25, 19, and 18, were arrested on Monday and remain in custody. Police are appealing for witnesses.
Eight men have been arrested after a woman was raped at a private address in Maidstone.
The suspects were arrested on Sunday after offences were reported to have taken place on Friday.
The men have been bailed, with conditions, pending further enquiries, Kent Police said.
Sarah Booker-Lewis
Local Democracy Reporter
Brighton health chiefs are preparing for a big push to tackle the high rate of HIV infections in the city.
A report going before Brighton and Hove City Council's Health and Wellbeing Board said that Brighton and Hove had the seventh highest level of people with HIV out of all local authorities in England.
And the rate is the highest outside London, with 45 new HIV diagnoses in Brighton and Hove last year.
It became the first city in Britain to sign up to the Fast Track Cities programme last year.
It aims to make more than 90% of people with HIV aware that they have the virus.
A year on, it is on track to hit its targets in 2020, with more people in high-risk groups taking HIV tests.
Illegal immigrants may be exploiting staff shortages at south coast ports, a report suggests.
Read MoreKaren Dunn
Local Democracy Reporter
Supermarkets could find themselves facing a bill for £68 for every abandoned shopping trolley cleared from the streets of Crawley.
Crawley Borough Council is considering introducing the charges after concerns were raised about the increasing number being dumped in the area.
A report due to go before the council's cabinet later this month stated that, during a survey carried out once a week over a four-week period, 76 trolleys were found, with 14 not picked up for more than a week.
As well as causing traffic hazards, blocking pavements and becoming a focal point for fly-tipping, the report said that abandoned trolleys gave the impression that an area was less attractive and less safe.
Most of the trolleys were dumped in the West Green, Northgate, Broadfield, Langley Green and Southgate neighbourhoods, while none were reported in Forge Wood, Furnace Green, Gossops Green or Three Bridges.
The majority found were from Morrisons.
The proposed charges are: £27 for the collection of the trolley, £15 to store it, a £26 administration fee, and £10 for disposal of the trolley.
The charges will rise for each week the trolley is left unclaimed, culminating in court fees and an extra charge of £60 if the council is forced to recover the debt through legal channels.
Karen Dunn
Local Democracy Reporter
Anti-social drivers who meet to race could be fined £100 in Crawley.
The borough council has asked its cabinet members to approve the launch of a borough-wide Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) to stamp down on car cruising.
A report due to be put before a meeting of the cabinet later this month, said that County Oak retail park, Manor Royal, and supermarket car parks were among the hotspots for such "cruising".
Anti-social behaviour has included racing and speeding, carrying out stunts such as handbrake turns and donuts, revving engines, blaring horns and pumping out loud music.
As well as leaving behind large quantities of litter, the report said attendees had urinated through the letterboxes of nearby businesses and even threatened employees.
The report said organised cruising events were usually held several times a week, with anything from two to 50 vehicles taking part. One event even included food stalls and the sale of merchandise.
John Tomsett, now a head teacher, did not maintain professional boundaries, a misconduct panel said.
Read MoreJailed Kent police officer Clive Garton is officially dismissed after harassing and raping a woman.
Read MoreBob Dale
BBC Live reporter
A woman attacked in her own home was hit over the head so hard with her own walking stick it broke.
The attacker went into the house in Harold Street, Queenborough, between 19:00 and 20:00 GMT on 10 November, and demanded the woman's purse.
When she tried to reach for her stick to defend herself, he grabbed it and hit her several times, breaking it in two.
The woman, in her 60s, then grabbed a chair while her attacker got hold of a knife which had been lying nearby.
He eventually fled, taking the knife and one half of the walking stick, when she tried to call the police.
It's thought the man had previously knocked on the woman's door two weeks ago, claiming to be a neighbour whose child had kicked a ball into her garden.
Quote MessageThe level of injuries sustained by the victim are by far some of the worst I’ve seen. The man brazenly walked through her closed but unlocked back door where he aggressively threatened her before using her own walking stick to hurt her."
Det Sgt Jay Robinson, Kent Police
Kelly-Joe Ballard says she loves the job as two train operators say just 5% of their drivers are women.
Read MoreJurors hear how South Thanet was important to the Tories in 2015 because of the rise of UKIP.
Read MoreCaitlin Webb
Local Democracy Reporter
Kent County Council is reviewing how part-time workers are "appreciated" following claims from the leader that they received fewer bonuses because they put their family before their jobs.
Councillor Paul Carter had said it was "human nature" that part-time workers had "different priorities" back in June.
A council report found full-time employees at KCC received higher appraisal ratings than their part-time counterparts.
The annual staff performance report detailed how 28% of part-time staff exceeded expectations compared to 42% of staff that work all week.
This meant the full-time staff were more likely to receive a 5% bonus for their hard work last year. The council only awarded this to 6% of staff.
In a report published ahead of the personnel meeting tomorrow, the head of HR Paul Royel recommended action must be taken to "improve the management assessment process for all staff".
A 12-year-old girl from Crawley has written a book to tell other children about autism.
Read MoreDean Kilpatrick
Local Democracy Reporter
The prospect of a new independent school in Medway for children with autism will be discussed for a second time today.
A special meeting of Medway Council's children and young people committee will be held to assess the proposal agreed by cabinet last month for land on Cornwallis Avenue in Gillingham.
The facility would cater for 210 young people aged between seven and 19 who have been diagnosed with complex autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and challenging behaviour.
It could also provide residential, respite, and outreach provision as part of a £25m "learning village".
Medway Labour has concerns the project will be overseen by Medway Commercial Group (MCG) - the council's own trading company - and has called-in the decision for further scrutiny.
The document said: "We have no confidence in MCG delivering a large scale project of this nature following their recent track record."