Ashton-under-Lyne mill fire: Residents allowed back in homes
- Published

The fire broke out on Tuesday in Ashton-under-Lyne
Residents who had to leave their homes during a fire at a complex of mill buildings have been allowed to return after electricity was reconnected.
Three commercial buildings collapsed after the blaze in Oxford Street East, Ashton-under-Lyne on 6 August.
Homes on Gibson Terrace were evacuated, with 23 residents staying in temporary accommodation and 27 others staying with friends and family.
Tameside Council said demolition work at the mill was progressing well.

Allow X content?
This article contains content provided by X. We ask for your permission before anything is loaded, as they may be using cookies and other technologies. You may want to read X’s cookie policy, external and privacy policy, external before accepting. To view this content choose ‘accept and continue’.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue said up to 70 firefighters had been tackling the blaze at its height on Tuesday.
The buildings collapsed and continued to smoulder into the following day.
Councillor Brenda Warrington said the local authority was continuing to contact businesses affected by the fire to "offer support, such as help to find alternative premises".

Three building collapsed after the fire
- Published8 August 2019
- Published7 August 2019
- Published7 August 2019