Summary

  1. That's all from us!published at 15:30 British Summer Time 4 August

    That's all folks! Time to bring down the curtains on this transfer news live. We've covered a number of stories during the day, including:

    We really hope you enjoyed it and please do join us again tomorrow morning - the transfer grind never stops.

    Thank you for joining us - goodbye.

  2. Chelsea lead the league in player salespublished at 15:27 British Summer Time 4 August

    Tom McCoy
    BBC Sport journalist

    Chelsea are reportedly ready to sell Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Everton, while the Blues have accepted an offer from Burnley for fellow midfielder Lesley Ugochukwu.

    The Londoners have spent approximately £240m on new players this summer but have already recouped over half of that total by moving on eight unwanted players. Selling the likes of Noni Madueke, Joao Felix and Djordje Petrovic has brought approximately £129m into the club coffers, more than any other Premier League side. Should Dewsbury-Hall and Ugochukwu also depart, that figure could rise by a further £50m.

    Income from player sales by Premier League clubs this summer
  3. get involved

    Get Involvedpublished at 15:25 British Summer Time 4 August

    Click 'Get Involved' at the top of this page to have your say

    If Everton get both Dewsbury-Hall and Dibling, a poor transfer window starts looking more promising. More signings still required but with selling the women's team, the funds are there for it.

    David in Liverpool

  4. get involved

    Get Involvedpublished at 15:23 British Summer Time 4 August

    Click 'Get Involved' at the top of this page to have your say

    Can anyone explain why Everton have been unable to get transfer targets over the line? I thought the lure of new hierarchy and stadium would be an attractive prospect.

    Andrew, Christchurch

  5. Moyes believes 'there will be deals' for Evertonpublished at 15:20 British Summer Time 4 August

    David MoyesImage source, Getty Images

    Speaking after his side's 2-2 draw against Manchester United in the Summer Series on Sunday, Everton boss David Moyes said he thinks they are ''getting much closer'' to making more signings this window:

    "I think there will be deals next week," said Moyes.

    "I think we're getting much closer, but I've got to say that I felt that four or five weeks ago as well. But obviously we're getting near the tickly bits and we've got to get some things done.

    "We know that we have to make several additions and more. Even for the numbers, we might even have people in the squad who we'd like to put them out on loan or do other things with them.

    "So we're needing generally to add to the squad and we need to get some of the main players in quickly."

    Last week, prior to Everton facing West Ham in the Summer Series in the USA, Moyes indicated that the Toffees were ''desperate'' to make new additions to the squad:

    "The truth is we're not getting a lot of the deals over the line at the moment, that's a fact," he said,

    "We're desperate to get things moving on because we know time's running out."

  6. Everton summer signingspublished at 15:17 British Summer Time 4 August

    If Everton's deal with Chelsea for Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall goes through, then it would be the Toffees' fifth signing this summer.

    Here's a reminder of who they have signed so far:

    • Charly Alcaraz - from Flamengo - £12.6m (£15.2m)
    • Thierno Barry - from Villarreal - £27m
    • Mark Travers - from Bournemouth - Undisclosed
    • Adam Aznou - from Bayern Munich - Undisclosed
  7. Dewsbury-Hall – a source of goals from midfield?published at 15:14 British Summer Time 4 August

    Jordan Butler
    BBC Sport

    Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall of Chelsea celebrates scoringImage source, Getty Images

    David Moyes has been vocal about his need for fresh faces this summer and the addition of Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall would add much needed depth and quality to Everton’s midfield.

    The 26-year-old was an ever present for Chelsea in their successful Europa Conference League campaign, scoring four times in 13 appearances, but ultimately struggled to force his way into the Premier League side ahead of Moises Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez.

    He made two top-flight starts for the Blues and his total of 13 league appearances amounted to just 256 minutes of playing time.

    But it will be Dewsbury-Hall’s returns during Leicester’s 2023-24 promotion season that will be of particular interest to Moyes as he seeks to replace the important attacking contributions of Abdoulaye Doucoure from central areas.

    The box-to-box midfielder notched 12 goals and 14 assists for the Foxes as they won the division and that tally has only been bettered three times in the last 10 Championship seasons.

  8. Gossip - Everton and Chelsea agree £25m deal for Dewsbury-Hallpublished at 15:10 British Summer Time 4 August

    Kiernan Dewsbury-HallImage source, Getty Images

    Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Everton have agreed a deal with Chelsea to sign English midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall on a permanent transfer.

    The two clubs have reportedly agreed a fee worth an initial £25m along with add-ons that could take the price up to £29m.

    The 26-year-old signed for the Blues from Leicester in 2024 for a reported £30m fee and was part of side that travelled to USA for the Club World Cup.

    He was a regular for Chelsea during their successful Conference League campaign last season, scoring four goals and creating three assists in 13 appearances.

    Dewsbury-Hall also scored against Benfica in an extra-time win in the Club world Cup last 16.

  9. Postpublished at 15:07 British Summer Time 4 August

    And it looks like Everton are closing in on another midfield signing...

  10. Could Dibling help Everton’s misfiring attack?published at 15:04 British Summer Time 4 August

    Matthew Hobbs
    BBC Sport

    Everton continue to be linked with a move for Southampton winger Tyler Dibling, having had an opening offer of £27m rejected last week. The Blues have signed four players this summer but more reinforcements are needed after losing several first-team regulars.

    Manager David Moyes said following Sunday’s draw with Manchester United “I think there will be deals next week,” adding “we’re getting much closer”.

    The Merseysiders have recruited striker Thierno Barry from Villarreal to lead the line but are in need of creative players like Dibling who can provide the young Frenchman with service.

    Only relegated Leicester City and Southampton scored fewer Premier League goals from open play than Everton last season, while the Toffees also ranked 17th for expected goals from open play – indicating that not enough high-quality chances were being created.

    Fewest goals from open play in the Premier League last season
  11. Report: Everton make third offer for Diblingpublished at 15:00 British Summer Time 4 August

    Tyler DiblingImage source, Getty Images

    David Ornstein of the Athletic is reporting that Everton have made a third bid worth around £40m including add-ons for Southampton winger Tyler Dibling.

    Numerous sources reported earlier on Monday that the Toffees has seen a second bid believed to be worth around £35m plus a further £8m in add-ons turned down.

    The Toffees put in an initial £27m bid for the 19-year-old four days ago which was also rejected by Saints.

    The England Under-21 international has attracted interest from a number of Premier League clubs after scoring twice in 33 Premier League appearances for the relegated Saints last season.

  12. get involved

    Get Involvedpublished at 14:57 British Summer Time 4 August

    Click 'Get Involved' at the top of this page to have your say

    Everton have been dibbling in the transfer market without much success yet. Is that about to change?

    John Traynor, Warrington

    You could well be onto something there John. Everton news coming up...

  13. Burnley agree fee for Chelsea's Ugochukwupublished at 14:52 British Summer Time 4 August

    Nizaar Kinsella
    BBC Sport football news reporter

    UgochukwuImage source, Getty Images

    Burnley have agreed a fee to sign midfielder Lesley Ugochukwu from Chelsea on a permanent basis.

    The 21-year-old is expected to sign a five-year contract having been given permission to complete a medical at Turf Moor.

    Ugochukwu has been considered surplus to requirements this summer as Chelsea look to sell multiple players in their so-called "bomb squad" - a group of players including England internationals Raheem Sterling and Ben Chilwell - training separately from Enzo Maresca's first team.

    Meanwhile, Burnley are also in advanced talks to sign striker Armando Broja from Chelsea, which could be the third move between the two clubs after defender Bashir Humphreys also moved on a permanent basis for £14m.

  14. Gossip - RB Leipzig enquiry about Tyrique Georgepublished at 14:49 British Summer Time 4 August

    Tyrique GeorgeImage source, Getty Images

    German side RB Leipzig have enquired about English winger Tyrique George, 19, during talk with Chelsea over a move for the 22-year-old Dutch midfielder Xavi Simons.

  15. get involved

    Get Involvedpublished at 14:46 British Summer Time 4 August

    Click 'Get Involved' at the top of this page to have your say

    With the signing of Hato, Chelsea now have 41 senior players on their books.. busy few weeks ahead at the Bridge.

    Nick, Surrey

  16. Gossip - Garnacho given Chelsea 'total priority'published at 14:44 British Summer Time 4 August

    Alejandro GarnachoImage source, Getty Images

    Fabrizio Romano has reported that Manchester United and Argentina winger Alejandro Garnacho has given 'total priority' to Chelsea and is waiting for talks to begin over a potential move.

    The 21-year-old is one of the four remaining 'bomb squad' players at United seeking an exit out this summer.

  17. Postpublished at 14:41 British Summer Time 4 August

    There are plenty of reports going around about who Chelsea might look to sign next - and who they may still offload. Let's take a look at who could be going where.

  18. Chelsea's summer signings so farpublished at 14:34 British Summer Time 4 August

    Chelsea

    Enzo Maresca, Head Coach of Chelsea FC, reactsImage source, Getty Images

    Chelsea's seven other signings so far this summer are:

    • Jamie Gittens - £48m from Borussia Dortmund. The England youth international arrives from the Bundesliga with a growing reputation as a direct, pacy winger capable of unlocking defences.
    • Joao Pedro - £55m from Brighton. Chelsea moved swiftly to secure the Brazilian forward, who impressed in the Premier League with his creativity, link-up play and finishing.
    • Liam Delap - £30m from Ipswich Town. A powerful striker with Premier League experience, Delap adds a different profile to Chelsea's attacking options.
    • Mamadou Sarr - £12m from Lyon. The 19-year-old centre-back joins as one for the future, bringing strength and composure in defence after progressing through Lyon's academy.
    • Dario Essugo - £18m from Sporting CP. A highly rated Portuguese midfielder, Essugo is known for his tenacity and maturity, having debuted in Liga Portugal at 16.
    • Estevao Willian - the Brazil winger joined the Blues from Palmeiras this summer in a £29m deal that was agreed in May 2024.
    • Kendry Paez - a £17m deal to sign the Ecuadorian teenager was agreed in 2023, but he has linked up with Chelsea this summer after turning 18 in May.
  19. Postpublished at 14:29 British Summer Time 4 August

    Jorrel Hato is Chelsea's eighth signing of the summer.

    Let's take a look at who else the Fifa Club World Cup champions have brought in.

  20. Hato impresses across back linepublished at 14:22 British Summer Time 4 August

    Matthew Hobbs
    BBC Sport

    Jorell HatoImage source, Getty Images

    In 2023-24, Jorrel Hato played 80% of his football at centre-back, most commonly in a 4-2-3-1 formation. However, last season, new head coach Francesco Farioli deployed him at left-back for 94% of his minutes as part of a 4-3-3 formation.

    Hato has already played 111 competitive games for Ajax's first team, after making his debut aged just 16 years and 335 days in 2023. That made him the club's third youngest player to feature in Eredivisie after Clarence Seedorf and Ryan Gravenberch. He also won his first Netherlands cap less than a year later.

    Since that first appearance, Hato has been nearly ever-present for Ajax. Of players from Europe's top six leagues born after 1 January 2003, he has played the most minutes at club level in all competitions since the start of 2023-24 (8,347), clear of Jude Bellingham (7,988) and Lamine Yamal (7,506).