'Not everyone has the full picture' - Isakpublished at 07:50 BST 9 September
Image source, Getty ImagesAlexander Isak says he "can't control everything that's said or written" about the transfer saga that eventually saw him move from Newcastle to Liverpool on transfer deadline day for a British record £125m.
Isak was left out of the Magpies' squad for their pre-season tour of Asia with what the club described as a "minor thigh injury", though it was understood at the time he wanted to explore a move away.
He then trained alone with former club Real Sociedad as Liverpool's first bid of £110m was rejected - before refusing to rejoin the Newcastle squad and releasing a statement in which he said promises had been "broken" by the St James' Park club and that their "relationship can't continue".
The club in response said "no commitment had ever been made by a club official that Alex can leave Newcastle United this summer".
"Not everyone has the full picture, but that's something for another day," Isak told Swedish media after his country's 2-0 World Cup qualifying defeat by Kosovo on Monday.
"I can't control everything that's said or written. But I'm happy that I became a Liverpool player."
Isak came on as a second-half substitute in Pristina for his first competitive minutes of the campaign.
"It's great that everything was settled before the camp and that I could focus on playing football again," he added.
"It's been a fairly new situation for me, but you always learn and develop mentally off the pitch as well."
























