Manuel Pellegrini says Edin Dzeko could leave Manchester City
- Published

Edin Dzeko scored 16 times as Manchester City won the Premier League in 2013-14
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that striker Edin Dzeko could leave the club.
Dzeko, 29, is on City's pre-season tour to Australia but did not play in their win over Roma on Tuesday and has been linked with a move to the Italian side.
Pellegrini said: "Edin didn't play the last game as it's not clear if he will continue here or not, but he is still working here with the whole squad."
City play Real Madrid on Friday with Fabian Delph set to make his debut.
Edin Dzeko scores pinpoint drive for Bosnia
England international Delph, 25, joined City from Aston Villa for £8m last week.
Dzeko signed for City from Wolfsburg, external in January 2011 in a £27m deal and signed a new four-year contract at the Etihad Stadium last summer.
However, the Bosnia-Hercegovina international scored only four Premier League goals last season as City - who signed forward Raheem Sterling from Liverpool for £49m earlier this month - finished second to champions Chelsea.
Find all the latest football transfers on our dedicated page.
- Published23 July 2015
- Published23 July 2015
- Published20 June 2016
- Published7 June 2019