Jardim says Newport can take confidence to Wimbledonpublished at 13:23 2 December 2024

Newport boss Nelson Jardim says his side can take confidence from their hard-fought draw against promotion-chasing Notts County when they return to action on Tuesday.
County travel to face Wimbledon who currently occupy one of the League Two play-off spots.
Jardim hopes the goalless draw at Meadow Lane will boost his side as they seek a first victory since the 2-0 win over Gillingham on 22 October.
“Last week was a good point away to a very good side,” he said.
“We knew these run of games would be tough and especially those two games [Notts County and Wimbledon], but I think the performance from the last game gives us good confidence.
“We knew we were conceding too many goals but the last few results have shown we are improving in that side of our game."
Jardim recognises Johnnie Jackson's Wimbledon as “one of the main contenders in the division”.
“They have a strong squad and have a good system in place. They have a clear way of playing and make it hard for any team when you play against them," Jardim said.
"They’re one of the consistent teams in the league of late this season, but also last season too.
“We’re expecting them to be on the front foot, try and create a lot of problems, but it’s down to us to have a clear idea of what to do and how to stop them.”